Dancing Dahlia

I think I went off the deep end a little bit in my experimentation last week and welcome all comments. I was trying for an ethereal look achieved totally in camera. I used the D850, with lens baby hand held. The lens baby had both a TC and a 10x filter so I was on top of this little dahlia . I played with color profiles a bit in LR and used topaz to bring out detail but the "dancing " effect is strictly a product of the shoot. I cut the flower and brought it inside due to the extreme smoke conditions we had here at the time.

Like I said - all comments welcome. I was really excited about this at first, then I started to have doubts. :roll_eyes:

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I can definitely feel the movement or “dancing” effect of this beautiful dahlia Kathy. Works for me. Also like the soft peach color and how the petals in the corners pull me right to the center of the flower. Very nicely done.

Kathy: Dispel all doubts; this is marvelous. Love the color palette and the soft focus. Frame filling fantastic.>=))>

This is beautiful. I love the colors and the soft focus.

Gorgeous!! The composition is lovely, with the extreme wide-angle look of the petals being stretched toward the bottom, bringing my eye up to the center of the bloom. The soft color and tonalities are so pleasing – well done! I look forward to more of these.

I really like the soft focus and sense of movement you captured. Keep safe.