Another Dahlia

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: I shot this with the 200mm f4 micro at f22. Levels, Brightness & Contrast. I will redo this one at a later date as the post processing made this flower too pink. The actual color is a smoky bluish pink so I may need to drop the saturation of red and increase blue slightly. Other than that, it still is a very nice flower as is. …Jim

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

This is gorgeous, and although the color might not be authentic, it is wonderful! I love the composition, water droplets and sharpness. You might try just a subtle move of the Hue slider for Reds in a Hue-Sat adjustment layer in PS, or even a Color Balance layer.

1 Like

Jim, I really love this. The water drops are icing on the cake, for sure. I love the color, even if it isn’t what the flower actually was, it is just gorgeous, and looks natural to me. Well done.

1 Like

Jim, Gorgeous flower well captured. water drops are a nice addition. dof is perfect. If you didn’t tell about the actual colors, this be just natural.

1 Like

Jim: Frame filling fantastic. Regardless of the veracity of the color this is a beautiful image. Top notch. >=))>

1 Like

Agree with everyone. Lovely image.

1 Like

Well composed with effective diagonals, color balance, and water drops.

Jim
What a lovely dahlia - the detail is just splendid!

1 Like