A nice pink dahlia after a shower of rain

Dahlia after a rain shower. f2.8 1/287sec ISO100. All comments welcome and appreciated. Thanks for looking.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Lovely shades of color that are enhanced by the dew. Also, the square comp works well. Nice choice to zoom in on its center.

Many thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

Chris: Frame filling fantastic. I like the color palette and the edge to edge sharpness. The drops are icing on a very fine cake. :+1::+1:>=))>

Bill, very many thanks for your comments, most encouraging. I did like the photo myself so very pleased with what you had to say about it. Forgot to mention the camera, just an old Nikon E885.

Hi Chris,

Square crop works well for this comp. I especialkly like the water drops along the edges of the frame. The give the eye something else to find which is a good thing. Well done…Jim

Thanks for your comments Jim, I have a good number of dahlia in the garden but it is not often I have the chance to catch one where just enough rain drops remain.