Curly Dahlia 2

The prior photo I posted of this dahlia was taken with a lens baby sweet 50. This one was taken with the lens baby sol. I had the good fortune to win the sol and I’m just learning to use it. Camera was the D850. It was shot handheld.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Kathy: Frame filling fantastic. Love the color palette and placement of the sharpest details. Top notch shot. >=))>

Tis’ the season for dahlias. This is beautiful and soft - perfect for this kind of dahlia.

Beautiful Kathy. The lighting, composition and colors are spot on. Nicely done.

Kathy, for me, I would prefer the center of the flower in sharp focus with a gradual blur as it goes to the outer edge. I don’t have the knowledge of how to use the lensbaby to achieve that effect so no suggestions. In summary, just not enough in focus at the center.

Beautiful. I used to have a lens baby. Don’t know what model. Just didn’t use it enough, but might have to try again.