Dawn Along The Owens River

Although I’d been to the eastern sierras numerous times over the years and in all seasons I’d never really photographed directly along the Owens River. Along with the TPE program and with help from previous NPN member Cory Freeman who lives in Bishop I found this site as an easy place to setup a LF camera and take in the sunrise. It was early autumn and the weather was excellent with no wind.

Wista DXIII 4x5 - Schneider APO 150mm lens - Velvia 50 QL.

2 Likes

Really nicely composed with wonderful light. The detail is fantastic.

Paul,

Quiet, peaceful and quite beautiful. Still marvel at your processing of the LF film. I miss it.

Lon

Beautiful, Paul. The grasses are showing off their fall colors nicely, the smoothed water flow looks good, and the subtle colors in the sky is very inviting.

This is sublime, Paul. The gradient of color in the sky is gorgeous and I love the serene vibe that this image has. Looks like the perfect way to start the day to me.:grinning:

Really incredible colour, and the comp is really nicely balanced. I bet this looks absolutely awesome big!

Love those lavender skies! Very nice late fall landscape, paul! The light snow on the peaks separates the mountains from the sky and really makes the scene for me. The river is a nice lead in to the mountains.

Gorgeous warm tones and wonderfully balanced composition, Paul. Nice open vantage point. I’ve scouted nearly the entire length of the Owens in the Bishop area at one time or another and can’t quite place exactly where this is.

Its beautiful Paul. Makes me long to be on the east side.

Beautiful light and wonderful detail, Paul.

Sorry for the late reply–must have missed in the feed.

Beautifully composed and nicely processed.
-P

Beautiful image Paul. The Alpenglow is magic.