Deadvlei Midday

This is a pano in the middle of the day at Deadvlei in Namibia - then cropped

Specific Feedback Requested

Looking for other artistic views especially given the midday shot - too bad I couldnt be there early morning

Technical Details

2 Likes

Karl, this is wonderful in B&W. Although it’s mid day, there are plenty of shadows from those foreground trees. This would make an awesome fine art print. Well done.

The harsh light of midday works with the harsh reality of these awesome trees. B/W is an excellent choice!

These trees are marvelous. I’ve never seen an image that I didn’t like. The gradient sky really works well. One thing to look for in the future. The left tree has one branch following the outline of one ridge and another following the top of another. That breaks up the outline of the tree somewhat (and the outline of the ridges). So, I would look out for that.

Karl,

Excellent image from here - and a very wise choice to go with the starkness of b&w. Of course the midday light almost dictates this. You’ve done very well with the processing and presentation.

I hadn’t noticed until Igor point out the branches aligning with the dunes. Not a huge deal, but one to thing about when lining shots up. Not sure if I would have paid that much attention either, but now something I can’t unsee… :slight_smile: (NOT an image killer btw.)

Thanks for sharing!

Lon

Thanks @Igor_Doncov , @Lon_Overacker , @David_Bostock , @Diane_Miller

I normally do not clone as I shoot mostly wildlife. I tried to create some separation between the main tree trunks and the ridges as well as the sky by lying down on the ground and pointing the camera up - guess wasnt enough
Now I did some dead branch removal, corrected some halos and removed a couple of waldo :slight_smile: