Dealing with the Pollen

I captured this shot this morning of a Honey Bee moving his legs and antennas cleaning up the pollen on him, is my guess. I was pleased with the side profile of him, and whatever he is doing, rather than the usual shot of face in flower getting pollen.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything you can think of that would help the image.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Taken with Canon 5D Mark IV, Canon 100 mm f2.8 L macro lens, with KX-800 twin flash and diffuser, HH, manual settings, f10, 1/200, ISO 200. Edited in LR (crop for better composition, and some highlight/shadow adjustments for the most part).

1 Like

So much to love about this image, Shirley. The details in the bee are perfect. The lighting works very well in not only showing off the bee but also all of the foliage around. I like how the bee is not centered and the OOF background works its way around him. Can’t imagine changing a thing. Very nicely seen, captured and executed.

1 Like

Great photo Shirley. The color contrast with the bee and the flower is excellent. It also adds when she has a collection of pollen as well. It looks like she is doing some cleanup which I see bees do all the time. Great timing on the capture

1 Like

Wow! This is so beautiful, Shirley! I love all the details in the bee and the flowers! Awesome capture!

1 Like

She is lovely and totally engrossed in her task. All worker bees and ants, pretty much the only ones you ever see, are females though. I’d like a bit more room on the bottom if I had a magic wand, but the light is so gorgeous I don’t mind much. The action of her cleaning a bit is neat, too.

1 Like

Shirley: Your plane of focus and DOF management here are absolutely perfect. I did take out my cropping shears again but this does work for me as is. Superb capture. :+1: :+1:>=))>

1 Like

I do like the crop, @Bill_Fach. Thank you. It really lets you see what the bee is doing.