Death Valley 26

I revisited this image with the suggestions from you guys
Your thoughts
Steve

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and All Does this image have emotion?

Technical Details

Lumix G9

3 Likes

Bit of an abstract composition, and for that I can see your choices for color, light and dark. For me personally I see this as a B&W image.

1 Like

@gDan52
I agree printed it both ways just thought NPN may be getting tired of my B&W
Thanks again
Steve

1 Like

I really like this image! I love the point of view and extreme contrast. My personal preference is the color version, though I doubt anyone here would be tired of your B&W posts. Keep 'em coming!

2 Likes

I really like the color version but the B&W is close. I believe it does convey an emotion - aloneness (but not loneliness). Nicely done!

2 Likes

Steve, I’m new and saw your work for the first time. Cheers.

1 Like

@gDan52
Welcome, I am also new here and joined in December. I am having a great time and learning a lot
Thanks
Steve

Steve both are nice but the tones in the colour version really grabbed me. Great shot.

1 Like

VERY dramatic and powerful, especially with the contrast of gold and dark tones in color. Nice work.

1 Like

This is a spectacular image in color or b&w. My only suggestion would be a little bit more room at the top. This crop feels somewhat constrained and if you had just a touch more room above the dunes, I believe it would make an already amazing image just a wee bit better. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Hi Steve. I think it definitely has emotion. I like the color version and how you can feel the light. It caught my attention even as a thumbnail. As i look at it i think the framing is very nice - the two bands of dark blue in the sky and the foreground really emphasize the color in the dune.

1 Like

Wonderful seeing! I’ve been busy and got behind here, but had to have a closer look at this one. I lean toward the B/W. I agree with wanting more room on top. It looks as though you may have added some already, as there is a dark gray band across the top. I long to see an even tone above the dune.

Lots of room to play with tonalities here.

1 Like

Really nice in B+W.

2 Likes