Decemeber storms

Here is the last image for my best for 2021. There is a small town on the north shore of lake Erie near to my home that has become well known for its waves during winter storms before the freeze up. The winds were gusting up to 90 km/h (55 mph) with some decent size waves bouncing of the harbor pier. You could feel the sand from the beach and spray from the waves hitting your face as I stood there taking the photos.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
1/1000 , f7.1, iso 3200. basic adjustments and cropping in LR and noise reduction using Topaz.
High shutter speeds were need not just to freeze the motion of the frames but to avoid camera shake due to the high winds.

@bryannelsonca
3 Likes

Very impressive wave action. In the 50s, my family would vacation on the Erie Shores. I’ve also seen pictures of people driving their cars on the ice when it’s frozen.

1 Like

I love to watch and photograph waves. I really like this one especially the strength of it. Excellent.

1 Like

I can see why this image would be among your favourites. It’s amazingly beautiful and terrifying at the same time.

1 Like

Very nice shot! I love how power of the lake comes across in the image.

1 Like

This is about a triple WOW!! Amazing capture of the power of waves and wind, and beautifully processed! If it were mine it would be my all-time favorite!

1 Like

Wonderful photo! Very powerful.

1 Like

Gorgeous photo - with lots of emotion. I love this shot.

1 Like