Denali

When Denali shows itself, the world takes on a different perspective. It is not only immense but it is so tall. Beyond imagining. Look higher! I spent a couple days in the meadow photographing flowers under the watchful gaze of this magnificent being.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Pentax K-7, 1/1000, f/9.0, 55mm, ISO400 with adjustments to tone curves in LR

2 Likes

An Icon for sure! I have the same view - and on a 5 day trip where we saw Denali a total of about 6 hours and fortunely part of that time was on the bus and this stop.

A grand view to be sure. Nice image!

Lon

Hi John! Nice capture of this magnificent mountain! I have been to the park a couple times but only on day trips and have not seen this view point, let alone the whole mountain. No nits from me! Well done!

Well composed with excellent detail and color. Framed well with the leading road. I suppose you need to be quite lucky not to have the clouds covering the mountain.

Thanks all and sorry that you too were not able to see it like this. I think about 30% of the time it shows itself but even less often like this. I was fortunate as I had various mostly cloud-free views for 5 days in a row. I’ll never be quite the same.