Detour

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I’ve driven on the highway right next to this spot many times in the last 10 years. I had noticed a dirt road next to the highway that leads to this spot but never took it. Last year the light was perfect as I was heading to my originally planned destination. However, looking at the conditions I decided to take a detour and drive along that dirt road.
The light lasted only few minutes but I was able to shoot this hand held panorama that I was really happy with.

Technical Details

5 image panorama at 200 mm

2 Likes

Prajit, the light is quite amazing. The full view is also thought provoking. I could see cropping off the dark clouds at the top to have a very warm, inviting view. With a great collection of layers. The dark clouds at the top I give me an ominous feeling that is quite a contrast with the lower portion. Leaving the top clouds in or out is a question of the story you want the photo to tell (and you could do both, depending on the circumstances).

1 Like