Digging in Gold

I was out at Saguaro National Park working with cactus flowers using a more narrow DOF. I always welcome visitors. This type of be does not sit very long.

Specific Feedback Requested

How is the DOF

Technical Details

Canon 6D ii Canon 100-400 ii (F/4-5.6) at F/8 ISO 200 at 1/640 . This was taken as landscape but I cropped it this way.

Dean, I’m sorry, I’ve been running errands today, and planted a few flowers in our flower garden as well. Just now getting on here to view and comment for the first time today. I like this a lot, but I’m not able to enjoy the details in the bee as much as I would like. The composition works for me for the cactus flowers, but it seems to leave me a bit far from the bee. I’m thinking, if you have enough pixels, to maybe consider a square crop of most the bloomed flower with the bee. If the bee wasn’t there I think that bottom bud would be nice to include. I like the nice soft background you have, which makes the flower and bee stand out nicely.

Thanks @Shirley_Freeman . I wondered if the bee is more of a distraction because the flower was the main subject. She is a little soft in the backside. But she was there so I thought why not. But I like the crop idea so will give that a try.

1 Like