Dog Park Fountain

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any is fine.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Single shot, grabbed from a timelapse where the sky just exploded with color.
1/25th sec, f16, ISO 100, 26mm from a 17-35mm f2.8 lens on a Nikon D4 camera.

My first weekly challenge, so if I posted something wrong or you need more info, please let me know.

This is a dog park off of US1 south of Miami, FL, a major thoroughfare. Many years ago this pond was dug as a ‘borrow pit’ to build the railroad bed which was located across the road. Railroad tracks are now gone, replaced with a bus only roadway. The fountain always caught my eye as I drove to work, and in May, the setting sun was perfect at this location. Enjoy!

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@blivieriphoto

Hi Barbara, welcome to the Weekly Challenge. The fountain and the colors both in the sky and the reflection come together to make a lovely, inviting scene. How nice to drive by a spot like this regularly. To my eye, the colors look to have too much blue/magenta, but I wasn’t there so that’s based on my own experience with shooting sunrises and seeing how sometimes the software produces color casts that I didn’t notice.

Barbara, it’s a beautiful sky however it happened; I know from my sunset experience if you underexpose a bit, that seems to deepen some colors. Your shutter speed resulted in a nice soft pattern from the fountain, and I love the sky reflection in the water. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks @Mark_Seaver and @Jim_Lockhart, for your response! I agree. 2 years ago I “might” have been a bit heavy handed with the dehaze and vibrance/saturation sliders. But like Jim said, it was slightly underexposed. As it was part of a darkening sky during my timelapse. But I do remember it being a very spectacular sunset, especially after the sun was beyond the tree line. This might be another one of many that I go back to re-process. Thanks so much!