Sound colors

This is my backyard.

Well the view from the edge of it anyway…I don’t actually own the river. Or the far bank, but you get the idea. Of course we got this amazing sunrise the day after we took the dock out in the fall, so I couldn’t get beyond the trees and bushes on the bank to my left so I had to crop more than I wanted and do some clone stamping, etc. to be rid of them. But still. I love it and sometimes still race down to the water to catch some color and light.

Specific Feedback Requested

I played with the tonalities in the water reflection just a bit so it wouldn’t be so flat, but would still be dark. Yes? No? Meh?

Technical Details

Tripod on the dock stub. Probably a CPL as well, but maybe not since this was all about the reflection.

sound colors

RAW processing in Lightroom - a bit of a crop to get rid of overhanging branches. The usual tonal adjustments - lowering blacks and highlights, raising whites and shadows a bit. Some sharpening and clarity for those trees. Photoshop to clone out some foliage and a light from someone’s house across the water.

1 Like

This is a really beautiful picture. I love the clear shape and the colors. I immediately draw my eyes into the picture. The lower left does seem a little dark and shifts the weight of the picture a little. so I think I would either crop a little from the bottom as you don’t need the lowest part of put a radial filter on the low left corner and try to add the exposure a little. But I am super jealous you have this outside your front door. Wonderful.

Beautiful scene, Kris. The colors are fantastic. I like the dark almost silhouette look of the trees. Very nicely done.

Thanks @tamar-aharony & @David_Bostock - sometimes the colors kick up fierce and even though it’s the same view all the time, I can’t help but grab the camera.

1 Like