Don´t fall down!

This is a small section of the creek Livsäterån i Härjedalen, Sweden.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Olympus camera OM-D E-M1, Olympus lens 40-150 @ 46 mm (92 mm equiv.), f/22, 1/10, ISO 200

2 Likes

Wonderful patterns and textures, Ola. Love the energy created by the flowing water. Nicely done.

A very dynamic image with a lot of energy. It’s an image that is part abstract, and part literal, which works really well in combination. And I love that the moss on the rocks has a “flow-like” appearance itself, mimicking the flow of the water. This is a very neat looking image, well done Ola.

Beautiful rocks and water - I wish I was there to hear the rushing water. I love the way the moss is growing in the linear fractures of the foreground rock. It looks like the whites might be blown a bit towards the ULC - that’s the only nit I have.

Ansel Adams used to term such images as ‘extracts’ as opposed to abstracts. They can be quite powerful as they straddle two world, reality and fiction.

@Igor_Doncov, @Ed_McGuirk, @Bonnie_Lampley and @linda_mellor thanks for your kind comments. They are very much appreciated.

Thanks for pointing this out, I will check if I could find some more information from any of my images taken at this scene, that could be blended in.

So @Ola_Jovall , another great point of view here… Like many others here I love being around and photographing streams. I always pay attention at images of streams and waterfalls, looking for alternative points of view. This image of yours and it’s top-down perspective in particular, surprised me in a very positive way… it will serve as an inspiration going forward, so thank you for that :slight_smile: You also manage to keep this balanced, although the stream is really at the top end of the photo, it still works nicely. The streaks of green moss do give this image that extra element it needs to really take off. Besides all these, your choice of 1/10s retains the sense of motion and adds the dynamic element of the flowing water… Really really nice work, as always, kudos :clap:

I really love this image, Ola! The way you composed it makes it almost 3d and make me feel like I’m right there looking down at the rushing water and making sure my feet are gripping the rocks so as not to fall in! There’s a feel of movement from the water and the air. I really love this one! Nice composition!

@Vanessa_Hill and @Nikos thanks for your kind comments. They are very much appreciated.

1 Like