Tväråfallet (updated)

Updated image (a few clone and erase actions in the LRC)

Original posting

In September I have spent two weeks in the western part of Härjedalen, Sweden, one week of day hikes and one week participating in a photo workshop. I will post some images from these weeks: This is an image of the waterfall Tväråfallet, in Tänndalen. Here I wanted to frame the fall with the birch sticking in from the left, but at the same time show a little of the upper part of the fall through the tree branches.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/14, 1/13 sec., ISO 400, Olympus lens 12-40 at 20 mm (40 mm eqjuiv.), Olympus camera OM-D E-M1X

1 Like

This has a great late-fall vibe to it. The composition says strength to me - the birch especially, but also the water and the enduring rock. It’s a timeless landscape to me and so Northern Hemisphere. I also love that you didn’t let the water get blue (a pet peeve of mine), The highlights look close to the edge of clipping, but natural. I’d like more room to frame the rock on the lower right. It seems sort of glued to the white frame. Maybe it was too difficult to fit it in.

You are fully correct, it does not look good at all. I could easily have changed position slightly to get the stone well within the frame, but that are such things that I still miss when out in the field. Since I didn´t move my feet, I have to move the stone. An updated image is posted at the top, including some cheating (clone and erase actions in the LRC).

I like the re-positioning edit very much. Well done!

The repost works quite well, Ola. Nicely done.

The composition works well for me with the leaning tree. Although I think it would work equally well without that tree. The image doesn’t really elicit much emotion for me. It’s a beautiful scene though.

@David_Bostock, @Igor_Doncov and @Kris_Smith thanks for your kind comments.