Double Daisy

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

It’s been cold and wet for some time and I haven’t felt like getting out and shooting. I’ve never tried doing any indoor work as I don’t have the space or equipment, such as lighting. However, I picked up these gerbera daisies while at the grocery store to play around with. The lighting was just from a ceiling light and a window.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is appreciated.

Technical Details

f6.1 @ 1/80 sec., ISO 800
Double exposure in camera

4 Likes

I think the double exposure works so well here Chris. I love your artistic vision on this - blending the two to look like they are melding together and holding on to each other. The black background is perfect. I wouldn’t change anything.

1 Like

This is rather interesting, Chris. My first impression was that the two flowers were embracing, but then it started to look like they were butting heads. Could go either way!

I think you can do all sorts of interesting things in your house with just “regular” lighting. Windows, lamps, flashlights all work. You can make your own reflector with foil and cardboard - that works like a charm. I haven’t done that in a long time, but it was fun to experiment with lighting and reflectors to get different effects. The gold foil bakers use to cover cardboard cake platforms makes a wonderful reflector.

@robertakayne Thanks for your great feedback.

@Bonnie_Lampley Ha, ha! Sounds like a marriage.

You are so full of good ideas, Bonnie. I’ll have to remember those suggestions.

1 Like

Chris, this looks great. Yes, the dilemma…embracing or butting heads adds well to the viewing. BTW, Bill Fach has posted quite a few flower pictures from his “studio”, e.g. bathroom with a skylight, over the years…

@Mark_Seaver
Thanks, Mark.