Winter Sunshine

This is the time of year I like to bring home some flowers from the florist and have fun arranging them in bouquets and taking photos. As an added benefit, these daisies help to brighten up a room on an overcast Winter day.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

All comments and suggestions are welcome and thanks for viewing. Next time I will try focus stacking to achieve more sharpness in the background.

Technical Details

Sony a77II, Tamron 16-300 lens, tripod, ISO 200, f/36, 2s, AWB, 135mm (35mm equiv.), Vello 13mm & 20mm extension tubes. Adjusted exposure, contrast, and vibrance during post-processing.

1 Like

Quite refreshing. During winter I especially like having flowers in the house. Funny though, I never photograph them. This is a nice arrangement of lines, colors and shapes although I wonder if you could get the flowers even closer together. Because I think of daisies as being everyday and simple flowers, I would prefer a white or natural background instead of black, but that’s just me. There is some fringing on the edges of the petals pointing left on the rear-most flower that I’d try to fix. Could be that they are just a little bit OOF that’s making it worse. Focus stacking could help with that. What a nice jolt of spring!

Thanks @Kris_Smith for your helpful comments and suggestions. I’m going to see if I can fix that fringing issue, which I hadn’t noticed.

1 Like