Drake Ring-Necked Duck

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Crop–anything that I could have done better with the comp?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 600mm f4 (1/640 sec at f8.0, ISO 400) Cropped 50% from frame, Shadows & Highlights, Brightness & Contrast, Topaz DeNoise AI. Strong winds were blowing a raft of ducks into close viewing and I found a nice drake ring-necked duck in almost full breeding plumage. Clouds covered up the sun during the exposure and post processing brought out some additional colors in the head…Jim

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A very nice photo of the Ring-necked duck. Excellent detail and pose. Although he is watching he seems very relaxed. Well done.

1 Like

I can only echo David, I guess. Lovely color tones in this image. Well done, Hans

1 Like

Hi Jim
It is nice that nature sometimes helps you out. Very good looking ring-necked. The eye contact, detail and low angle present the duck nicely. The overcast sky I think helps the photograph out.
Peter

1 Like

Very nice detail on the Duck with a Nice HA…
I might clean up a few spots in the water …

1 Like

Interesting contrast on the plumage between your image taken under cloudy conditions and that of Keith which looks like it was taken in full sun.

Very nice pose and good detail. Nicely composed in the frame.

1 Like