Dreamy Trees

They’re probably dreaming of rain, but will have to wait another couple of months. In the meantime there was a more color than I thought I’d find. I’m planning to go out just before sunset for some color on one tree that is turning, and decided to try to warm up my chops. I usually overlay 2-3 frames but this is just a single one.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Screen Shot 2022-08-28 at 3.59.17 PM

Minor adjustments to the raw file to bring up some contrast and texture. Into PS for a little vignette top and bottom. I seem to be in a minimalist phase.

2 Likes

I don’t usually enjoy ICM but this one really struck me for some reason. I think it must be the color combination here. Nicely done!

Yeah, the colors work quite well here, Diane. Wonderful blend of colors and abstract. Awesome.

Wonderful minimalist phase, Diane. Love the organic shapes you’ve create from the trees too. Looking forward to what the sunset colors will produce.

Lovely colors and image Diane! I like the abstract qualities of the various shapes and the motion. Well done!

I like the cool, blue colors Diane. Real nice ICM.

Thanks, @Matt_Payne, @David_Bostock, @linda_mellor, @Alfredo_Mora and @Mark_Muller. The evening shot wasn’t as interesting as I hoped. There was another tree in the way of the best angle for the light. I shot several and will post at some point.

1 Like

Diane,

Put me down for another vote on loving the color combo! Great movement too - plenty of abstract that I’ve no clue what the source is (although we’ve all discussed it really doesn’t matter… but it’s fun to guess anyway.) :slight_smile:

I could see a little cropping off the bottom since by default I have a bias against tall digital formats… But I think I need to relax on that because the vertical is working pretty darn good as presented!

Lon