Driftwood Abstract

In winter, the algae and lichens are quite spectacular on this shaded beach.

Specific Feedback Requested

Enjoy!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
5D III 24-105 @ 105mm 1/80 f/9

7 Likes

Beautiful! I love the patterns and colors in this Image. It looks a little soft towards to bottom maybe, wish it were sharp all the way through.

Well seen.

Amazing colors and textures, Dick. The lighting brings out all of this so very well. Very nicely seen and captured.

Holy cow!! This is awesome! The flora is such an unexpected and nice touch!

Thoroughly enjoying your image. The lines and textures are wonderful. Great find!

The twirls in the burl look great, Dick. There’s a fine warmth and nice glow in the wood.

Wow, such terrific weathering and intricate patterning. While I do find the top to be at odds with the bottom, the whole thing is pretty eye-catching so I can let that go as well as some of the softness throughout. On my screen it looks a touch magenta in some of the highlights. What a fascinating find. It reminds me of the juxtaposed water currents in a tidal bay or estuary. You can see them side by side in the right conditions - water currents sliding right by each other in opposite directions.

I love the composition. You created a dynamic motion which keeps the viewer interested in the entire image.