Droplets

This probably requires some explanation. When you look underneath a rock in the Northeast USA, you often find some strands of silk. I’ve always assumed they’re fungal, but I can’t rule out spiders or other invertebrates. In damp weather, they are often completely loaded with droplets. These are always wonderful targets for photography, as the 3-dimensional nature of the pattern can be very appealing.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Wow, Gaurav, you are really finding some interesting subjects. It is hard to believe that these droplets are from under a rock! Both images are holding my interest, with all of those nice droplets, but I believe the second one I like the best because the drops show more details. Nice find.

Thanks - a great example of how photography shows us new worlds. I like the first one the most as the space is expansive yet so small

Gaurav, two nice looks at this tiny world. In the first post, you’ve got an outstanding collection of drops. I think it would works better if the drops closest to the viewer were sharp. In fact, in the large view, it’s not clear that any of the drops are sharp. The clarity of the drops and the sharpness of the image within the larger drops in the second post are great.

Gaurav: These are close for me. I agree with Mark regarding the softness in the first image. In the second I would crop away most or all of the OOF stuff on the right side and isolate the drops. A great subject worth revisiting if you have the chance. >=))>