Dune Dog

I was out in the desert with my dog Tioga and got her relaxing on a dune.

D850, 70-200mm

5 Likes

Harley, the crossed front paw really adds to the relaxation point. Love the excellent candid take of Tioga here… :sunglasses:

Excellent, Harley. I really like the topography in the out of focus background and the way the light plays with it. Having Tioga right on the brink of that dune with the sand in perfect focus and her somewhat regal attitude makes for a great image.

Tioga looks like "king of the hill, " Harley. Gorgeous dog and well behaved. Really admire the difference in the detailed sand in the foreground against the soft OOF sky in the background. Just beautiful.

Hi Harley,

A very cute pup. I like the composition and lighting. The blues in the BG make Tioga pop out of the image. I hope that you will get this one up on the wall. …Jim

Harley…this is so good. I have owned Labs my whole life and lab owners know that they tend to cross their front feet like this. What a terrific pose in a dreamy landscape. I absolutely love this shot!!! It made my day.

Great portrait of Ti. Relaxing while the Old Man toils over the dune field ; o )…

sure looks nice on the dune. fantastic color and light.

Thanks for all the comments. @David_Haynes, Tioga is my third Lab and the third great one. They are wonderful dogs. Happy to make your day and having her along on road trips sure is a huge bonus for me. She is a joy to be around.

1 Like

What a wonderful portrait Harley. She stands out well against the dunes, and I love the relaxed pose with the intent look on her face. Nicely done.

Harley, what a great pose of this nice looking Lab. The lighting is really nice. Great shot!

Wow, she’s all grown up already! Stately pup - and image. Beautiful portrait Harley!