Shadowed Places

This is another image from my DV trip a few weeks ago.

D850, 70-200mm

3 Likes

Oooh, very nice! It almost looks like silk fabric splayed on the ground. I absolutely love the shapes and forms created by the dunes.

Scrumptious, Harley. Looks like a chocolate mousse, maybe I should go and have some breakfast. Breakfast aside, the curves of the dunes along with the gradations of the shadows, gives this scene a wonderful sense of energy. Very nicely seen and captured.

Another fine art feeling image, Harley. Well done.

This is a wonderful collection to date, Harley. Thinking back each has it’s own look and somewhat excellent distinction or uniqueness for each of them. Hard to accomplish that task with a same or very similar subject overall… :+1:

I agree with Paul on this, as a collection it shows a very impressive range from the maker.

This image is the one that most makes me think of waves at the ocean, coming in an endless stream to the shore. As with all of the images in this set, the processing is impeccable. Very nice Harley.

1 Like

It certainly has a presence, doesn’t it? It almost look threatening somehow. I think that’s due to so much black in the image.

Harley this is another great dune image. The high contrast and flowing shapes make the main dunes almost dizzying and very elegant. The dune behind helps well with setting the stage and the very subtle textures in the “sky (dune)” are a fine finishing touch.

Looks like high waves on the open sea. Another fantastic image Harley. You just killed it on your Death Valley trip. There is a sense of motion that I get with image making it very powerful. The light/shadow contrast is simply amazing. Love the pano idea for this one. I might crop just a smidge off the right side to eliminate that bright spot halfway up the very right edge. Other than than, I can’t think of a way to improve this one. Magical trip.

Your whole series is absolutely stunning. I especially like your editing. A very unique look from this place.
Everyone has already seen pictures from there but then to create such a special look is really impressive.

Thanks, Martin! Your thoughts are very much appreciated.