Dunnock

Image Description

Early morning outing in the dunes, to find out which summer visitors had arrived. Not many, it turned out. But this resident bird decided to start off the season :wink:

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Dunnocks are very common birds in The Netherlands, and often overlooked by photographers. When giving them a quick glance, they usually seem pretty grey and dull colored. In the right light, they do have some nice colors and details ;-). One of the first birds to sing in Spring. Taken last week, close to my home

Technical Details

Nikon Z9 with 500mm f4 | 1/200s | f5,6 | ISO640 | monopod

1 Like

The pleasing overall color palette of the image combined with a singing bird in a lovely composition makes this image for me. Nicely captured and presented.

Hello, This is a beautiful photo! Great action, colours, details and textures. This certainly tells the story of a familiar bird between winter and spring…very worthwhile to tell! I appreciate your patience to stop and make a beautiful image of something you see everyday.

Our common birds sometimes make the most compelling images. I like the tone of this image, and who doesn’t like to see a bird singing, and imagine his song? The perch is terrific. Nicely done.

Gorgeous!! Soft, wonderful colors, sharp details and a wonderful pose and setting!!

Hi Hans,

A wonderful presentation. Colors of subject and BG work well together. The gray on brown features of the Dunnock have just enough color to grab the eye. Awesome…Jim

Hi Hans,
Wonderful singing pose and sharpness on the bird. I like the composition with the similar branches repeating as a blur in the left of the background. Nice frame.

Hi Hans
The singing Dunnock looks great. The porch, head turn and open beak, make for a nicely framed photograph.
Peter

Another beautiful image, Hans. I’m a big fan of common birds-all of them have interesting plumages in the right light. The singing pose and its chosen perch work well.

Thanks all for your kind and encouraging comments ! Cheers, Hans