Dutch polder landscape

The polder is flat but full of color even on a overcast day.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All feedback is more than welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I love the light and color here Ben, that horizontal strip of lit up meadow makes the image very dynamic. I like the arrangement of the horses, they are nicely spaced out. I also like the off-center placement of the horses. So overall, nicely done on this one. At first I wasn’t sure about including the pool of water, it seemed kind of out of place with the rest of the image, and potentially a distraction.

But I wasn’t familiar with the word polder, so I looked it up to learn that it means low-lying land reclaimed from the sea using dikes. So in the end, having that pool of water is important to telling the story that I think you want to tell with this image, so it makes sense to me to include it in the image. It also fills up some negative space, allowing you to include more of the sunlit strip at the top of the image too.

Thank you for this comment, Ed. a polder is indeed land behind the dikes. As there is so much of it here. I am thinking to give it more attention in my photography. And try to show how special it is. For me a bit difficult to bring this over to others, because for me it’s my daily surrounding.