This morning

This morning I came across this small lake and made some nice images. Still I am not all that sure about it. So, I am very curious about your critiques.

What technical feedback would you like if any? All feedback I can use !!

What artistic feedback would you like if any? All feedback is welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I wouldn’t change a thing! Very nicely executed.

It could be thought of as a mildly ‘busy’ image, but the rather minimalist color palette (which is wonderful itself) very nicely offsets whatever ‘busy’ aspects exist.

Works for me. I like the layered composition. Usually a blank sky works against a successful image, but in this case it works fine. If there were clouds or dramatic light, I think it would compete too much with the rest of the image. I hope that makes sense.

Excellent textures and light in the BG hills.

Works for me, too. I quite like the peaceful mood and serene feeling to the image. I would deem it a success.

Works for me too Ben. I agree that blank sky is often a detractor, but in this case it balances out the water very nicely and adds symmetry.

Hi @Ben_van_der_Sande, very nice scene, well composed. I love the light tones, i would process the shadow parts more warm as the lights.
Thanks for sharing.

Ben,
This needs to be viewed large to really appreciate all of the details. The pastels in the BG are really nice. Did you happen to get any images of the BG trees and mist as I think that would make for a nice comp also?

@David_Schoen, @John_Williams, @rjWilner, @Michael_Lowe, @Harley_Goldman, @masdamb, @Ed_Lowe, I will go back there with different kinds of weather,( frost, snow. clouds, I hope) and see what it will bring me, Thank you all for your encouraging comments !!