When the day comes in

An old image hidden in my old archive (2015). Glad I found it. Hope you like it.

What technical feedback would you like if any?All is welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?All is welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Ben, I really like the mood you have captured in this image. The fog is wonderful, especially how it thickens near the bridge and house. I also like how the bridge tree and house work together as a group of elements within the image.

White balance is very much a matter of individual taste. I personally like fog in my images to be slightly cool, so the image as presented works for me. I suspect you may get some comments saying to warm this up for a different mood, and that would probably work well too.

I think this image works well as presented. But I can see another composition here, a 3:2 horizontal that crops away the foreground below the reflected roo of the house. This becomes a different image that de-emphasizes the tree reflection, and instead becomes more about the fog and the 3 main elements of the bridge/tree/house. Just another opinion…

I really like this shot. I do wish that the house/bridge/tree were sharper is all but it still is a magical shot.

Ben,

Really enjoying this one. There’s a quietness and a calm captured here. There’s also a warmth - although the colors don’t suggest it, but I get the sense of warmth when the sun first hits a cool, crisp morning; this is oozing with atmosphere.

Only minor thoughts - I wish there was a skosh more breathing room at the bottom. And for me, I would consider modifying that LLC to reduce contrast and try and match a bit of the more hazy, lighter tones. I mean I get that the part of the shore is closest to you and thus no fog to obscure… but that dark, contrasty corner is just mildly out of place. Minor things, yet I’m still able to enjoy this very much.

Lon

Thank you,@Ed_McGuirk, @Lon_Overacker, @Dave_Douglass for your comments and suggestions . Again I see here the beauty of making images and personal taste and feeling. Together with all the possibilities .

Ben, I am coming in late, but I do want to let you know that I love this image. The fog just gives it a really nice mood.

@Shirley_Freeman, Thank you so much, Shirley for this maybe late, but very nice comment!