Eagles

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Canon 7D Mark II, 100/400 at 400; 6.3; ISO 1600; cropped to about 80% original;handheld.

Fairly often seals float onto the beach and eagles, ravens and others (I’ve even seen a coyote on beach) quickly arrive to feast causing conflicts. Technically not a very good photo but I like it for the action. Wind was blowing about 25-35 mph and a bit misty.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Jim, I say that all of the action makes this a fine photo. All of those talons are showing very well. This reminds me of scenes in Yellowstone when there’s a carcass surrounded by multiple scavengers arguing about who gets the meat.

Jim, I agree with Mark on the action making this a fine photo. In our area here in NC, if we saw that many avian fighting for food, it would be that species standing on the ground, a CROW! I would love to have the opportunity to capture 5 eagles at once!

Jim: Looks like while the eagles are occupying themselves the crow is going to get the prize. Great capture of the moment and action. >=))>

After further review I believe it is a raven rather than a crow.

Excellent capture, Jim! This is a typical Eagle melee when there is a high value prize at stake! You captured the action very well, with lots of good detail. The calm and patient bystander is definitely a raven and will surely find his opportunity for a morsel!