Early morning Kestrel

Taken early one November morning at Lakenheath Fen in Norfolk, UK.
For once the weather forecast was spot on and we had a beautiful clear morning.

Imgur

Nikon D500
Nikon 200-500mm lens @500mm
Hand held
1/1000s
f8
ISO160
cropped to about 50% of original frame

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Clearly I’ve done something wrong because my image does not show

Martin:

I looked at your original post. You included a link to your Flickr site, rather than uploading the image here. To upload the image here click on this button image in the header of the box where you are typing in information about your photo. That will upload the image and also allow viewers to see a larger version.

You do not need to start a new post, use the pencil icon image to edit your existing post to upload the image.

Hope that helps. PS. I deleted your second post in this thread that just had another link to Flickr.

Here is more information on posting an image:

I’m sorry you’re having trouble posting an image, please take a look at this post: How to post a photo

If you still have problems please send me a message and I would be happy to help.

Love the pose, Martin!

I do wish there was a bit more light on the face of the bird, however. The detail on the face is the most important part, to me, when it comes to wildlife and especially in Avian photography.

Great pose, Martin. I’m looking forward to seeing the larger image, when you get it up.

You caught a real nice pose and the detail looks pretty good in the small version; would like to see a larger version.