Early morning pine siskin]

Taken this morning in pleasing light

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso-1000, 400+ 2X, F6 .3, 1000, tripod, A7r4, 50% of full frame

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Yes, beautiful lighting David. Also like how the shape of the limb seems to match the shape of the bird’s body. Lovely curve and nice OOF background coloring.

Lovely sharp detail and wonderful lighting. The subtle gray-green area in the LL picks up the color of the more green lichen, and the more golden tones match the bird and perch.

I like how the off center lighting really pops the eye up. I also like the nice alert pose.

A lovely Siskin, David. I really like the light and the lichen on the perch is great.

Yes, the lighting is great and really makes this photo sing. The colors and texture of the background is interesting; if you’re into that sort of processing, the background might work nicely with other bird images.