Pine Siskin

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I managed this shot of a Pine Siskin yesterday in the backyard. D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, 650mm, f 8.0, ISO 640, gimbal/monopod, AI Clear, cropped to 2753 x 3290

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nicely composed, with the eye at the upper 1/3rd and framed between the leaves. Nice head turn and good detail.

A very nice job on the Siskin, Dave, and I really like the lighting and head turn. I do wish that foreground leaf on the left weren’t there.

This is beautifully captured - love the eye contact and perfect head position of this Pine Siskin. Also like the blurred background allowing the subject to stand out better. That said, there are a few distractions which I have tried to minimize by
1 - cropping
2 - burning and decreasing the exposure of the leaves in left 1/3 which compete with the head
3 - also decreased the exposure of the brighter spots in the background some
4 - Ideally, I would like to see that well textured right lower leaf set on the left lower side too - but that’s nature for you

Well done!