Early Passion

We have a number of passion vines in our garden but they usually don’t bloom until early summer. This one is jumping the gun a bit. All comments welcome. >=))>

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/50 @ f16

1 Like

Oh, this is absolutely gorgeous, Bill. I have thought about getting a passion vine, but that is about as far as it has gone. I’m glad it bloomed early for you this year. Looks like the bud will be blooming out soon too.

What a beautiful and complex bloom, Bill. Almost feels like a spacecraft landing to allow E.T. to come out and say hello.

Your composition is also excellent. And with f/16 you’ve got a nice amount of sharpness. Awesome.

Absolutely spectacular!! The DOF is perfect and the BG lovely! 11/10!!!

What an alien thing that is! I’ve never seen one since I don’t spent a lot of time in southern areas. Strangest thing. I really like that you’ve included a bud next to the open flower. It helps me understand the plant more. Terrific focus and light.

I like the different elements here and you composed them very nicely in the frame. Good light too w/o any harsh shadows. My only thought might be to rebalance the light to favor the flower more instead of the tree trunk and bud.

Good photo. When you are photographing again, you might want to compose the so that flower does not point out of the frame. Everything to the right of the flower does not add to the composition. To me the flower looks a little dark. I did a crop and brightened to flower.