Early spring

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The trees at this elevation were just beginning to leaf out. I liked the shapes of these branches.

Specific Feedback

All comments are welcome.

Technical Details

ISO 100, 200mm, f/11, 1/50th sec.

1 Like

A really nice spring feel to this image, Don. The way this species forks does provide some pleasant curves.

Thanks, Dennis. I don’t know the trees that grow beside streams in that area. I wish I did.

Gorgeous limb structure in these trees, Peter. This is beautifully framed and I love the thin layer of newly formed leaves throughout the scene. My only wish would be to have some green down in the LLC but hey, That’s nature. These are very expressive trees. I’m not sure I can add anything to help with this one, Don. Nice image.

Thanks, David.

Sorry for calling you Peter, Don. Beautiful image.

No problem. I answer to almost anything. :slight_smile:

Hi Don,
The backlight on those newly emerging spring leaves is flat out gorgeous and you most definitely fiilled up the frame with some graceful arching tree structure. I am also enjoying that darker BG as it is perfect for showcasing those green leaves. Very nicely done; no suggestions from me.

Thanks, Ed. I think you and I are both fond of images like this.

PS: Today I had minor eye surgery to get rid of some haze/blur in my vision that developed after I had cataract surgery several years ago. There’s already a big improvement in my vision. But I’m finding that most of my recent photos, including this one, look over-sharpened. I was no doubt overdoing it because of the blur.