Echinops abstract

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Shot with a Lensbaby, that gives the gloomy effect

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

A very cool abstract, Katharina. I love the touch with the little bunch of opened flowers in the largest head. Excellent.

1 Like

Katharina, I agree with Dennis’ comment completely. Very well seen and captured. Nice.

I agree as well. Very cool abstract. No suggestions here, just enjoying it.

Katharina, this looks great. I’m thoroughly enjoying the blue/green color combination and the textures throughout. Did lensbaby create the ripple texture in the greens?

@Mark_Seaver: thank you! And yes, the ripples are part of the Lensbaby effect, although the effect is (at least to me) quite unpredictable. It depends on the distance, aperture, and also on the lighting. Sometimes it is more a halo, sometimes it is a smooth effect and sometimes more these ripples. But it is fun experimenting, and you never know what the outcome will be. Maybe a more experienced user would be able to predict it better…