Luster

Any kind of critique is welcome. Also a comment on the overall composition of the image would be appreciated.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I am @niknagane on instagram

2 Likes

A striking abstract that is well balanced and has lots of different colors, shapes and textures to look at, Nikhil! I’d like to hear more about your post processing.

1 Like

A very beautiful abstract, Nikhil. The flow from the single leaf through the brownish-red pattern to the upper right is really cool and adds a lot to the composition. I’d be interested in what caused such intense blues and greens here-they’re really neat.

1 Like

The colors are what caught my eyes immediately. I also like the abstract feel of the composition Nikhil. I am just curious, is this a frozen lake or stream? Nice capture.

1 Like

Thank you for commenting on the balance of the image. Having proper balance between the elements of the image was important to me. Post-processing was rather simple for this particular image. I boosted the texture detail in the face of the rock on which the leaf lies on. The reflection of sky and autumn leaves created an interesting backdrop for the leaf, which I boosted a little by increase color saturation.

Thank you Dennis! The blue, orange and green colored areas you see in the image are reflections of sky and autumn foliage. I was shooting pointing the camera towards to a wet rock, which created the shiny surface for the reflections.

Thanks Linda. The leaf lies on a wet rock which is reflecting the sky and autumn foliage above it.

Nikhil: This has more of a fall flavor to me because of the leaf but this is a marvelous abstract that is a color Junkie’s dream. Wonderful image. >=))>

Nikhil, it seems that I missed your post. This is a fine abstract. It’s also fun because while the leaf is easy to see, it’s more challenging to figure out what’s going on in the rest of the frame. The mix of rock colors and reflections (especially the green bits) look great.

This is so eye catching! I really love it. The combination of complementary colors of blue and gold is very pleasing. The yellow leaf serves as a focal point. The curve of the leaf and the curve in the water move my eye through the photo. The green area and the triangular rock balance the yellow leaf and also move my eye through the photo. I think this photo is wonderful!