My vision-Fall in New Hampshire

Description:

My interpretation of a segment of forest using a 300mm lens and applying a bit of Orton effect in PS.

Specific Feedback Requested:

any and all comments are welcomed

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

no

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Lovely abstract creation. I am a sucker for color!

1 Like

I thought it was shot through frosted glass – eye candy, for sure – in the most complimentary use of the term. Wonderful patterns of colors and trees.

I appreciate how you saw this. It definitely gives the impression of what the colors were like without getting distracted by the details. There’s enough detail though to understand what it’s a photo of.

This really caught my eye. The colors are arresting. It looks like a piece of stained glass.

1 Like

Many thanks for the comments! I know this interpretation of the scene is not always appreciated by all viewers. However, I feel that the maker of the image should express it in a way that it reflects her fission. Again, I am pleased the image was received in a positive way. Thank you!!

James, I really like the frosted glass feeling and how the ghostly tree trunks. The mix of colors and how they’re places in the frame works well also. For my tastes the colors are too saturated, but that’s my tastes not necessarily yours.

Wonderful interpretation, James. Love the soft feel and beautiful colors. For me, it is how I wish fall would always be. Also like how you have applied the Orton effect. Very nicely seen, captured and processed.