Liquid Autumn

This photo is a reflection of blue sky and gold Big Leaf Maple trees in the Alsea River in Oregon.

Specific Feedback Requested

Always appreciate your comments.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

3 Likes

This is fabulous. Looks like pebbled glass. Or wet pavement even. The transition from blue to gold is so quiet and subtle. Really well seen. And puts me in mind of one I took several years ago that is also a reflection of maple trees on a river with blue sky. I’ll post it soon. It’s so fun to see everyone’s take on this theme.

1 Like

I really like this abstract, the colors, the glow and the texture are excellent.

1 Like

Very nice! I do wish the focus was more in the center or lower center, though. It feels a bit unbalanced to have it get sharper just as the eye exits the frame in the UR.

1 Like

I rather like this Chris. Real nice abstract and love the warm/cool tones. I took a crack at a little crop and here is what I came up with. I found the dark areas on the right pulled me out of the image a bit.

1 Like

Looks good, Harley. Thanks for posting this.

Thanks for the feedback, Diane. I see what you mean now that you mention it.

I love the shimmering that you’ve captured here, and I like the diagonal transition through the frame between the blue and gold. Beautiful!

1 Like

Chris, you’ve got a fine mix of blue and gold. Having the color line angle across the frame works well. In abstracts, sharpness is one of the things that catches attention. For a reflection like this one way of smoothing it is to lengthen the shutter speed to let the movement in the water overcome the limits of dof. In this case, the changes are subtle enough to make that a minor consideration.

1 Like