Run me ragged

After seeing Chris’s Liquid Autumn, I was reminded of this shot from 2015.

Angling my medium zoom off the bridge at Dells of the Eau Claire Park, I caught this bit of riffle and reflection. I went out looking for some traditional fall color landscapes, but didn’t really find “the shot”. I stuck around to see what could be seen and this is one of the most distinctive fall shots I have taken. A little like sky and clouds, but not really. Not immediately recognizable as water either. I like it though.

Specific Feedback Requested

Is it too weird?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Tripod and probably a CPL

Lr processed for basic improvements and this 16:9 crop with a slight rotation to get more of an angle in the water riffle. I remember the tripod being at a crazy angle to begin with and aimed through the slats in the side of the bridge, which BTW, is enormous and very high off the water.

@the.wire.smith

Very nice abstract. With the Swedish colors! It could almost be a Swedish flag reflecting in the lake.

Very nice – definitely an unusual and striking sky-reflection-in-water shot and the colors are fabulous. I wonder if a faster SS would have captured more interesting uniformity in detail.

Nice colors. I am finding the shutter speed a bit of a tweener. I think it would work better either faster to freeze and slower for a nice blur.

I like the colors, and I especially like the angle of the lines. To me I read them from top left, down to bottom right. This is very pleasing to my eye!
PS - add the “1001” tag for the Weekly Competition :grin: