Frozen puddle in the Adirondacks, NY

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? General feedback on composition, color

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Composite of 4 pictures for focus stacking
(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

My instagram @niknagane

2 Likes

Nikhil; I like the abstract shapes of the ice and the blue color makes it feel very cold. Just wondering if you considered toning down the highlights a bit? I think that might help to define the patterns of the ice more. Fastening photo, thanks for posting it.

Great light and icy textures. The focus stacking worked well - looks nice and sharp throughout. I like the way the light moves across the frame, from darker in the LLC to lighter in the URC. The bits of darker reflections in the lower left part of the frame are cool.

Nikhil, you have a great collection of shapes and textures in this well executed ice abstract. I too like the way the brightness shifts from the lower left to the upper right. The Weekly Challenge works by having a particular challenge for a specific week. This post would have been an outstanding entry for the challenge two weeks ago. However, this week’s challenge is snow, so although myself and others are enjoying your post, it won’t be eligible for the editor’s pick this week. I’m looking forward to seeing contributions to future challenges from you.

Nikhil,
The focus stack looks good as everything looks sharp throughout. I am enjoying the gradation of blue tones along with some amazing shapes and patterns in the ice. Beautifully done.