Echinacea

This image is as much about color as it is about the flower. I was able to place the camera so that the flower was surrounded by other flowers and greenery.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Olympus 60 mm macro lens at 1/640, f/2.8 and ISO 600 handheld.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Gorgeous Richard. The colors, along with the composition, make this such a stunning. Nicely seen and captured.

Very nice echinacea portrait Richard. I love the plane of focus and the color is marvelous.

I like how you chose to focus on the closest edge of the flower and then it fades to the colorful rainbow of colors. Unusual composition that works well to showcase the echinacea.

Lovely image. I like where the focus is and the petals in the back merging into background. very well done.

I agree with all the comments - the plane of focus is perfect, and the softness of the remainder of the image creates a really nice effect. The colors are so vibrant. Nicely done.

Richard: Your DOF?POF choice here really helps to complement the wonderful color palette. Superbly crafted image.>=))>