Another view of the Echinopsis

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments welcome!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
This is another view of the same Echinopsis I posted a few days ago, taken a few minutes later as morning fog was burning off and the light was harsher. Canon 1DX2, Canon 100-400 II at 400, ISO 100, f/5.6, 1/800 sec, single frame on tripod. The bee and a slight breeze kept messing up an attempt to shoot a stack but hardly needed here.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Diane: I love the large version and the separation of the bud and mature flower. The little hoverfly party crasher is a nice icing on a very fine cake. Most excellent. >=))>

Both versions of this cactus are excellent. For no particular reason my preference is your first post. Both are technically well done and present the subject nicely.

I just noticed this got an EP – many thanks!!

@Patricia_Brundage, for a while now I’ve been unable to view the main EP page – it says it’s private.

This is beautiful, Diane. I don’t normally appreciate frames, but this enhances the image. It’s very joyful and the little fly adds a good bit of interest.