Cactus blossoms or space aliens?

cactus blossoms against the early morning sky

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any appreciated

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D500 with Nikon f2.8 70-200mm shot at 1/125sec f8 ISO 100 155mm

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Edited with LR and Topaz AI Clear

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

EJ: Alien indeed. I like the subtle hint of color in the BG and the arrangement of the blossoms in the frame. Nice find and a fine image. >=))>

1 Like

I see no faults in this image. High key and subtle colors in the tack sharp cactus blossoms make for an excellent combo in this comp. I like this as presented…Jim

1 Like

A very cool array, EJ. Superb detail in the flowers and I love the insect getting a drink-so appropriate for cacti. Given the flow of the image, I think you might want to consider less room on top and more on the bottom and left.

1 Like

Great presentation of an unusual subject. The bee and the rain drops add interest as well.

1 Like

A refreshingly different take on cactus blooms! Detail, tonalities and color are very nice – great lighting! I agree with Dennis’ suggestion of a little more room, but very nice in any case. The upper spent blossom could have been an easy candidate for a quick focus stack.

1 Like