Egret V 1

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

?

Technical Details

1 Like

Beautiful lines, very elegant, a cascade of light. It makes me pause and marvel at the detail in the birds feathers.

I hope I have said this before…I very much appreciate your artistic vision. I personally like the background as it adds texture and context. I know some would prefer a completely black background for a fine art look. I like the crop and would also be curious to see a portrait crop to highlight the egrets’ height. Unfortunately, when I first looked at this I didn’t see the neck and thought the head was disconnected from the body (hard to unsee that).
I say keep shooting this style!

HI Steve
The Egret V1 is the look I hope to photograph every time I point my camera at an Egret. The detail is great and the whites are well controlled. I believe the background should be completely black or be identifiable. For this shot I went with identifiable. Hope you like it.

Peter

I love the composition for this one Steve, and the pose you caught of the egret. I find the dark background interesting, but I find myself wishing the egret were whiter. To me this species is defined by it’s whiteness and dishwater gray just doesn’t feel right.

Thanks @peter
Thanks for taking the time on my image. I find the background takes away from the focus on the bird. But what I find is everyone has their own vision.
Steve