Electrical cabinet

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This image is from a long time ago closed down munition factory situated somewhere in the middle part of Sweden. The factory is placed inside a rock shelter, so it was rather dark. I lit the cabinet with my headlamp, softened with a cleaning clough in front to avoid too sharp shadows.

Specific Feedback

Prefer comments regarding technical issues and compoistion.

Technical Details

ISO 200, f/9, 66 sec., 17 mm (34 mm equiv.), artifical light (headlamp with cleaning cloth in front). Not much done in post-processing: Almost out of camera crop, some minor adjustments of contrast and color.

1 Like

Nice that you could get into the factory. These old places are interesting to me. I’d say the lighting in this image is good, as well as the composition. I love photographing rust, so this photo really appeals to me.

Hey Ola - nice to see you around again. This is a cool find and I like the green and rust contrast very much. Kudos for your use of the headlamp and the impromptu diffuser - nice! Did you open the doors or find them this way? It’s a nice progression from the closed one. Very grungy.

@Chris_Baird and @Kris_Smith thanks for your kind comments. Personally, I do not move things around when photographing abonded piaces so the doors are as I found them. Sometimes you are lucky!