Embrace the Sun +Rework

Rework

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Watching the sunrise from the rocks at Terrigal, I appreciated the simplicity of the scene, especially with a seagull strolling into the sunlight. The light and shadows on the rocks created a gentle contrast, emphasizing the natural beauty of the landscape.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

30 mm at ISO 200 and 1⁄320sec at ƒ/10

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

Nice sunset Saundie. I really like the round depressions in the midground rock that make it look like a sandy beach. Wonderful colors and wonderful peaceful setting to gaze upon for a while.

Really nice. The cool saturated FG contrasts nicely with the warm sunrise. Perfect timing on the bird. I would clone out the bird? in the sky and the intruding cloud? on the right.

What a gorgeous capture!! I love the warm/cool light on the unusual FG – I can’t tell if it is rock or ephemeral sand, which adds interest. I think the centering of the sun works well here, with the bird in the perfect location! The gradient at the bottom is a very nice touch to keep the eye in the frame. Well done!

What a beautiful photo! Colors and clarity are splendid. The sand in the foreground is the subject for me.

@Ed_Williams @Michael_Lowe @Diane_Miller @Giuseppe_Guadagno

Thanks for the feedback, it’s much appreciated!

I need to get my eyes checked, I didn’t even see those distractions, thanks Michael!

Don, I needed to put on my reading glasses and sit about a foot from the screen to see them.
:rofl: