Theatrical Terrigal

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Dawn in Terrigal reveals a theatrical display of nature’s splendor. The horizon glows with a symphony of warm hues, casting a dramatic light over the tranquil sea. Rocks and clouds take their places like players on a stage, each contributing to the morning’s grand performance.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

28 mm at ISO 640 and 1⁄10sec at ƒ/10

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
2 Likes

Good morning to you too Don. This is beautiful. the orange reflection from the little pool on top of the rock is stunning. Nice clouds, and I like the diagonal line of water across the lower part of the frame. I’m a sucker for bright colors, and you got me here!

1 Like

I love this image. The way the reflection and the cloud shape all converge to the same place leading me to the middle of the frame is wonderful. The colors are gorgeous and the quiet sea helps to adds by not distracting from the beautiful convergence.

1 Like

Thanks Tamar glad you like it! :pray:

Hi Ed. Thanks, sunrises aren’t normally my thing at all, but the one this morning was hard to resist. If you like bright colors, below is what it looked like for the first few minutes, almost unnatural . Thanks for the feedback! :pray:

2 Likes

A spectacular scene, and although you don’t like sunrises, I’m glad that you captured this one.
The colors are great and so strong, that (unlike @Ed_Williams ) they are almost too saturated for me. But they probably were overwhelming in reality as well.

1 Like

Thanks, Han. I believe the saturation and vibrance of the color are wonderful in reality. However, when translated into an image, it always seems a bit unreal to me. I think this is why I avoid photographing them. In my opinion, a sunrise/sunset is best enjoyed in situ.:+1:

1 Like

A beautiful image. I think the fiery red reflection really anchors the photo.

1 Like

Thanks Will! :pray:

I love a fiery sunrise or sunset, and this one really glows. That’s great that the reflection caught the sky so well.

I could see cropping that fragment of rock off the right side, but otherwise no nits.