Emergence

Tulips are finally emerging from winter, and this honey bee is struggling valiantly to load up on pollen. I’m starting to feel the emergence of Spring too, so things are looking up.

Specific Feedback Requested

I toned down the yellows, and cloned in the green in the LLC, where previously there was brown earth. Was this effective?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D500 + 105mm macro, 1/1000 f18 ISO 800

Reduced Highlights and Brightness of flower in PS.

1 Like

Mike, the bee “struggling” out of the flower is a neat take on early spring and a fine catch. The bits of brown (pollen??) on the flower’s lips are a fine addition to the story. Filling the frame with the soft green works well and the yellows look right.

1 Like

Mike, this is a fine looking image. I do like the green around the yellow flower. Square crop works perfect for this image, in my opinion. Nice details in the bee as well. Great shot. A great sign of spring!

1 Like

Great behavior catch Mike, portraying the everyday challenges that bees face. Liking the detail in the bee enlarged, right down to his hair. He does appear to be struggling to get out.

Great action shot Mike, looks like a nice home for this bee. Everything focused very well and the framing was well done.