Grooming Bee

Find any flowers this spring is hard with the lack of rain in AZ. I always look for bees in a flower to show some contrast. I always just sit there sometimes waiting for her to get into that pose or just high speed shooting.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything helps, I did a square crop because I was concern to much of the yellow flower would over take the subject

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 6D ii with a Lensbaby Velvet 56 ISO 800 1/800 at f/5.6 on a tripod. I have capture bees cleaning her antenna but this time I like the way she was position and it shows the action pretty well.

Dean: I like your crop and the details on the bee are outstanding. Good reward for your patience. Well done. >=))>

Dean, it is a fine look at both the beautiful flower and the bee. Nice details and color. The square crop works well, I think.

Dean, the bee and the flower look great, with excellent details in both.

Hi Dean, I could watch bees for hours and can’t wait till my rhododendrons bloom and the bees come back. Colors are beautiful here and your composition is fine; enough flower to show location and loads of detail in the bee, which looks especially good enlarged. The little bit of green in the BG helps to soften the bright yellow.

1 Like