Taking her time

Was out at the gardens yesterday afternoon looking for bees. With the cold weather here, there were not many. I spend a lot of time just siting waiting for a bee to sit just right on a flower that I think would be a nice photo.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I have my histogram display to help control the highlights a little bit before taking this shot.

Technical Details

R6m2 RF 100-400 at 373mm 1/1250 f/14 ISO 1250 Did a square crop on this one. Used Topaz Photo AI for noise reduction and darken reduced saturation on the background. Removed a couple of foreground green leaves where the bee is.

4 Likes

Hi Dean,

This looks really good!
The focus, DOF, colors, saturation levels, composition, highlights, shadows, contrast and the subject(s) are well balanced with each other in a very pleasing and fun looking image!

Well done, Sir! :slight_smile:

Excellent image, Dean. I love the details. Well done.

Wonderful, Dean. Aesthetically, IMHO, it is picture perfect. A beautiful flower with a bee in the perfect profile position. Technically, I like how you have monitored the whites in the flower so there is nice definition in the petals. Also with f/14 you’ve gotten great detail in the bee. Definitely an image I would love to have gotten.

Dean, I think you nailed it with this one. I especially like the angle of light, highlighting the “hairs” on the bee. You managed the lighting quite well. Very well done.

1 Like

Dean: This is way up on the list of my favorite bee images from you. For me the perch and environment make the shot. A special moment superbly captured. >=))>

1 Like